8.04.2010

Drumroll Please...

I know that every last one of you (both of you, in fact) have been eagerly awaiting my Apple rant.  Well, it's time.  Here's a very small list of problems I have with Apple

#1: Their products are too simple.  I want something that works out of the box but is tweak-able to make it nothing like the factory standard.  With iPhones, iPads, iMacs, iBooks, iDontCares, you're stuck with whatever Apple deems you might want.  Android, for example, doesn't even have to look like a phone.  Or a tablet OS.  Shoot!  If you root it, you even have console access!  Go CLIs!

Ironically, "rooting" an iPhone is called a jailbreak.  Great, so now people have to break out of iOS.  And what do you get?  Themes, and a few tweaks.  Joy.

#2: Their childish marketing techniques.  Has anybody actually seen the "Hi, I'm a Mac" commercials?!  The only thing I see coming out of the Apple marketing department is smear campaigns.  Just about everybody else has morals and, instead, shows off their own strengths.  And yet people keep buying Apple byproducts.

#3: I am root.  I really do enjoy my superuser access here in my Linux desktop.  Oh!  The Android kernel is based on the Linux kernel.  Hmm...

There's my top three problems with Apple.  Don't worry, there's more to come.  It's just that I'm getting hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Well, here is my speal... I like apple stuff because it is at my intelligence level. Plus they are pretty... And one day you'll buy me a mac! =] he he You know you will...Anyways, you wanted me to comment on your blog so I did. I hope that I didn't offend you... I think your blog is way cool.

    ReplyDelete